Great Knightmare Mysteries

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Great Knightmare Mysteries

Post by Fidjit »

But it had a kind of delay to it though that's what I mean...  ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Yes, but it still would've been a big chance to take if the team cheated, and an unnecessary one if they already had the right combination to cross the causeway legitimately.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

They probably had a few fireballs at hand  ;D
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

As for causeways... Why didn't they just run across!!!
I'm a bit unsure what you mean here. If they step on the wrong hexagon, it will fall down (which I'm sure has happened, I know it happened in series 5 with the poster DeadDungeoneer here). If you mean just run across it fast, I imagine that the hexagon would fall immediately if the dungeoneer stepped on the wrong one. If they manage to run across using the correct sequence, then there is nothing wrong with that!

With Scott's team in series 3, I think that the production team had not thought of the possibility of jumping the gap because they missed the first step clue, and decided to contrive his death, because people have said here that the death seemed rather dubious, that he made it and then fell. Scott, if you are reading this, can you confirm this?
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I'm a bit unsure what you mean here. If they step on the wrong hexagon, it will fall down (which I'm sure has happened, I know it happened in series 5 with the poster DeadDungeoneer here). If you mean just run across it fast, I imagine that the hexagon would fall immediately if the dungeoneer stepped on the wrong one. If they manage to run across using the correct sequence, then there is nothing wrong with that!
Well, if you did run fast enough, just perhaps you might have already been off the first hexagon before it fell into oblivion. But anyway, they obviously wouldn't have been allowed to get away with it. I'm sure the production crew would have been ready to press the play button to drop the next set of hexagons in any case, since such a plan would have probably involved the advisors saying "Okay, StinkyDungeoneer, we don't know the combination so we're just going to try running really fast". If they'd just said "Run now" without any warning I would suppose most Dungeoneers would have been confused enough for the producers to start those hexagons a-toppling.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Elita and Smirkenorf probably just decide that as a joke he'll fly the dungeoneer round in a few circles, so their destination is only about quarter of a mile from where they started. And they even have to dish out a bar of silver or a firestone for it - clever trick!
Hehe, I do like that explanation. It would also explain why Elita and Smirkiepops got on so well if he was a partner to her maliciousness and took delight in taking brats on such roundabout flights. Still, I suppose he got firestones out of it, which is probably why he agreed, rather than because he's a bitch like Elita.

A firestone addiction can be a terrible thing.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

yeah, it can do wierd things to a dragon...

Like, why does he always cast a helicopters shadow when flying low??  ;)
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

and there's another thing...

What happens to the dungeon denizens during phase-shift? The Dungeoneer has to be hauled out with all possible speed but everyone else in there ets left to their fate.

hmm.  :-/
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Like, why does he always cast a helicopters shadow when flying low??  ;)
LOL, that's a great one.
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

Well, if you did run fast enough, just perhaps you might have already been off the first hexagon before it fell into oblivion. But anyway, they obviously wouldn't have been allowed to get away with it. I'm sure the production crew would have been ready to press the play button to drop the next set of hexagons in any case, since such a plan would have probably involved the advisors saying "Okay, StinkyDungeoneer, we don't know the combination so we're just going to try running really fast". If they'd just said "Run now" without any warning I would suppose most Dungeoneers would have been confused enough for the producers to start those hexagons a-toppling.
Hmmm, maybe they might tell the advisors that this is not allowed and re-film the causeway. People have talked about whether the dungeoneer could lie down to avoid the blades in the corridor of blades. I think if theyy did this, the production team would get the team to re-film the Corridor of Blades (maybe the production team didn't even think of the possibility).
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Well, I'm sure if they did manage to escape somehow, they would have been forced to refilm. Perhaps if a team were discussing such a plan, one of the crew or Hugo would have advised them against it. I'm sure Treguard could have uttered something about Playing Fair, Truth and Justice, Humbugs and such. Okay, perhaps not the humbugs, but you know what I mean.
Willowherb
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Willowherb »

Another thing that was a bit of a mystery was why in some cases the teams were basically told they couldn't survive the Corridor of Blades without magic. When it first appeared it was just an obstacle that needed a cool head and nothing more. The only time you really couldn't pass through without help was when Lord Fear speeded it up like crazy - obviously that made a difference.

I was talking about this with Elita - bit of a puzzler.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Suppose the KM Crew felt the tension levels needed to be increesed OR maby they were trying to keep the idear fresh.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Willowherb
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Willowherb »

It's a pity if that's the case, because I actually preferred it when there was less emphasis on having Sight potions etc. and more  on the skill of directing a dungeoneer on a safe path. I mean, the rest of the team were often referred to as 'guiders'. There was  more tension when you simply had to rely on their directions. If they could keep their heads, then the dungeoneer would be safe and if not - well, nice red splatter everywhere. :P  
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

As has been mentioned before, the inclussion of spells was indeed to add tension, generally, even if some were rather useless.

When the site returnes, ahev a look at TC's interview, goes into detail there.

I preferred Blades when it was down to just the team and the Dungoeneer.  It was certainly fun to see tham panic sometimes  ;)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'