Great Knightmare Mysteries

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Ark
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re:Mysteries ReVisited

Post by Ark »

I always liked that idea, that the Skull ghosts were dead Life Force sprites left stranded when their Dungeoneer was killed, condemned to drain the sprites attatched to other Dungeoneers...

"One does so despise those shades of violent death..." (Hordriss, as if you couldn't guess! :) )

How many times were the remains of a previous Dungeoneer seen? I can remember one definate, one false and one possible. One was in Series 3 in the chamber Drassil mentioned, where Treguard refers to it as "one of your predecessors". The maybe was in Series 6 where, I think in the first quest, we saw a Dungeoneer's skeleton chained to the wall in a Dwarf tunnel (also mentioned by Drassil!) - Pickle says he doesn't like the look of the skeleton, and Treguard says it's a warning from the Opposition. And in series 7 in Goth, we see a skeleton wearing the horned Helmet in some stocks - but Treguard says it's NOT a previous Dungeoneer, but a cruel joke of Lord Fear's. I wonder why he was so sure of that..?
When you stare too long into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you...
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Mysteries ReVisited

Post by WillsOfDoom »

Ark wrote: Maybe other dimensions other than our own interact with the Dungeon - children from many worlds may take part in the Greater Game. Who knows...?
Very interesting idea this. It was a very clever idea to begin with - to make the dungeon a realm that constantly morphs. In doing so they could do anything they wanted with the future series. As far as Dimension jumping goes, the only knowledge I have of that is from Red Dwarf.
You're right, the same logic can easily be applied to the dungeon because of its fluid nature.

You can speculate on what would have happened with some of those uncast spells. TREAT would probably have summoned a hobgoblin or similar nastiness.
GLORY and BACKFIRE would have guaranteed certain death for the dungeoneer.
Wouldn't it have been good to see a dungeoneer pledge allegiance to Mogdred? Just to see what would happen.
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Conspiracy Theories

Post by Ironlord »

The "Humbugs" thread had me thinking. Were there hidden agendas between the characters that we never knew about?

For instance: why was Lillith always so annoyed by Treguard's picture appearing in her cave?

"She rejects me, team, she rejects me!"

Conspiracy theory #1: Treguard and Lillith were once engaged, and split up very acrimoniously when they couldn't decide whether to have the wedding in her cave or in Dunshelm - when the answer should have been obvious. Now, she can't stand the sight of him...
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Knightmare Conspiracy Theories

Post by djoska »

well, we know Lord Fear had a thang goin' down with Aesandra- he'd pay her in...err... the usual way!!! If it's the usual way I'm thinkin'- lucky bloke!!!

Anyway, Lillith and Treguard.. hmmm.

There were some subliminal plots weren't there??!
Keep a look out for my Knew Knightmare PC game!!
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

Ditto Motley and Mellisandre, though that was a bit more obvious.

Probably Folly and Gretel before them as well, though Folly was considerably more of a gimp than Motley.
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

i liked motley well better!!!

He liked Gwennie didn't he?

Then she tried to shoot him!!!

...and Elita locked him up...

...and Sidriss had a go an' all and shrunk him!!!
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
Mykell
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Mykell »

Lord Fear has piles from sitting down at his watery couldren thing for too long, hence why he's always so annoyed. Wouldn't you be?

Either that or a group of little dungeoneers once keyed his Fearmobile right down the side and thus has sworn revenge on them all.
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

nah- I reckon treguard bullied fear as a kid at knightschool and now he's trying to get back by being a bully himself
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Not sure I'd class these as 'conspiracy theories' exactly, although they're some interesting ideas.

Here's an good tangle of conspiracy to think about though; -

There was clearly some kind of power struggle going on between Mogdred and Malice for leadership of the Opposition - such as it was - in season 4. For a while, Malice appeared to have won, until she was defeated by Dicken with the FIRE spell. Three matters to speculate on.

One, how did Malice win out initially? Did she have outside help? Perhaps from Treguard, or even from Lord Fear? (See three.)

Two, did Mogdred perhaps 'interfere' in Dicken's quest in some way to help defeat Malice, as he saw that as his best chance of regaining control?

Three, it's interesting that the Opposition should gain another new leader after season 4 ended. Is the whole power struggle between Malice and Mogdred a deliberate scheme engineered behind the scenes by Lord Fear, a method of weakening both his rivals so all he need do is 'pick up the pieces'?
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
natnut
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by natnut »

motley was a male slut! he liked everyone! Mellisandre,Elita,Gwendoline etc! any teh crazy fool never got with any of them.......or did he?
"Remember, play fair, or fear play foul, the game resumes on the witching hour."
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

natnut wrote: ...crazy fool...
Here's one. The Dreadnaught was supposed to be a huge metal version of Mr. T, made from his old cast-off jewellery. However, budget cuts at Anglia meant they had to go for the cheap option, and the end product was somewhere south of mediocre. Construction by MFI, animation by the people who drew Roobarb (on an off-day), programming by the software company that brought us Sqij...