Search found 252 matches

by HobGoblin
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:06 pm
Forum: Knightmare a la Maison
Topic: Narration for New Knightmare
Replies: 7
Views: 473

Re: Narration for New Knightmare

The one chink in Knightmare’s format is its occasional slow pace. However, if new episodes were made the following could/should be done: 1). Selective editing: yes, absolutely. I was watching the Crystal Maze the other day - a pretty fast paced show - and it occurred to me that Knightmare wasn't tha...
by HobGoblin
Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:45 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Phrases used in Knightmare
Replies: 18
Views: 2845

Re: Phrases used in Knightmare

I imagine these phrases were used because they sound good - trying to decipher them is probably a dangerous rabbit hole to climb into. However... Perhaps worth noting that Akram means 'most generous' in Arabic. Makes sense when Hordriss is giving something - be it the eye shield, trophies, life etc....
by HobGoblin
Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:30 pm
Forum: Knightmare Live
Topic: Tom Bell (Lord Fear Live) in Wizards vs Aliens
Replies: 11
Views: 6737

Re: Tom Bell (Lord Fear Live) in Wizards vs Aliens

Tom has just turned up in the "Steele Wars" Star Wars podcast. This is a podcast in which Australian comedian Steele Saunders chats to fans/people involved with SW. I hadn't realised (living mainly in a bubble of parental responsibility :) ) that Tom was in The Force Awakens but despite his small ro...
by HobGoblin
Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:56 pm
Topic: The Goblins
Replies: 43
Views: 7413

Re: The Goblins

As far as I’m concerned, the goblins will always remain one of the most iconic aspects of Knightmare. I know in practice they were largely a hurry-up mechanism but their scuttling little runs implied a real threat back when I was a child (and I think speak to our deep animalistic fears about being h...
by HobGoblin
Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:15 am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: TV Show I don't recall...
Replies: 10
Views: 6219

Re: TV Show I don't recall...

I vaguely remember this. Federation of Lost International Property does ring a bell...?
by HobGoblin
Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:21 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Knightmare Baby
Replies: 23
Views: 9474

Re: Knightmare Baby

Thought it was about time I introduced Hobgoblin Jr (also known as Henry).
image.jpg
image.jpg (84.18 KiB) Viewed 4938 times
by HobGoblin
Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:37 pm
Forum: Fan Creations
Topic: Exploring the world of Knightmare with Oculus Rift
Replies: 102
Views: 36332

Re: Exploring the world of Knightmare with Oculus Rift

Wow, these are fantastic! Thanks for posting. Although this doesn’t necessarily have to ‘lead to’ anything (it’s a joyous piece of fandom in its own right) it does get me very excited about VR and the possible future of Knightmare. The buzz coming out of E3 seems to say that VR which actually works ...
by HobGoblin
Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:53 am
Forum: Knightmare in Geek Week
Topic: KMGW Appreciation Week
Replies: 17
Views: 6175

Re: KMGW Appreciation Week

I don’t think I have much to say about Geek Week that I haven’t said already. It’s a very watchable quest and, viewed in the context of how and why it was produced, does a great job of capturing the feel of the early series. The extended version is much improved with an additional floor puzzle and w...
by HobGoblin
Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:01 pm
Topic: David Rowe's Art of Knightmare
Replies: 27
Views: 2987

Re: Art of Knightmare competition

Just opened mine and it looks absolutely awesome. I'm just so pleased (and still kind of amazed) that this exists!

I look forward to poring over at my leisure.
by HobGoblin
Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:58 pm
Forum: Knightmare VR
Topic: Knightmare VR Appreciation Week
Replies: 6
Views: 2920

Re: Knightmare VR Appreciation Week

The most interesting thing about KMVR is that it demonstrates the concept Tim Child had in mind back in the mid-eighties. It was only technical limitations that forced him to develop 'a glorified version of blind man's buff ' instead. At least, that's my reading of it... Interesting that he was stil...
by HobGoblin
Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:31 pm
Forum: Series 8
Topic: Series 8 Appreciation Week
Replies: 29
Views: 6961

Re: Series 8 Appreciation Week

A few brief thoughts: Also my least favourite series. I'm one of those who feel it was aimed at a younger audience than previous series, though the differences are possibly in tone and style rather than content. I was 13 when it was first broadcast and it was the first time I felt 'maybe I'm getting...
by HobGoblin
Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:08 am
Forum: Series 6
Topic: Series 6 Appreciation Week
Replies: 5
Views: 2361

Re: Series 6 Appreciation Week

The best ‘post eyeshield’ series - consistently entertaining, likeable teams and characters, varied quests etc. I only have a few minutes so I’ll focus on the things I don’t like (cos that’s more interesting!). There’s a subtle stylistic shift in this series which makes the visuals particularly unsa...
by HobGoblin
Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:22 am
Forum: Bring Back Knightmare
Topic: Knightmare On DVD?
Replies: 20
Views: 8831

Re: Knightmare On DVD?

A browse on Amazon reveals that many 80/90s children’s programmes are available on DVD. In fact, it seems that most of the scripted drama/comedy/animation I remember well is available, the majority of which can hardly be called ‘classic’. In this context it does seem odd that KM – a critically accla...
by HobGoblin
Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:43 am
Forum: Series 5
Topic: Series 5 Appreciation Week
Replies: 7
Views: 3750

Re: Series 5 Appreciation Week

I like the analysis that S3 was the final version of the drafts that were S1 and S2 with a similar pattern then repeated through S4-6. It does feel as though Tim Child hit the restart button for S4 (such were the stylistic changes) and S5 is very much a refinement and elaboration of those ideas. [As...
by HobGoblin
Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:33 pm
Forum: Knightmare Live
Topic: Tom Bell (Lord Fear Live) in Wizards vs Aliens
Replies: 11
Views: 6737

Re: Tom Bell (Lord Fear Live) in Wizards vs Aliens

Just spotted Tom Bell in a Burger King advert. He was wowing customers by revealing that a box of six chicken pieces costs only 99p!

At that price I don't think the quality of the meat would do your lifeforce much good...