Search found 999 matches

by Pooka
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:15 pm
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: The Knightmare Vending Machine
Replies: 8
Views: 787

Re: The Knightmare Vending Machine

You receive a spell scroll. On closer inspection, you find that it contains both TRANSFORMATION and BUT. Someone's crossed out TRANSFORMATION in red marker pen and put a circle around BUT with annotations saying things like "this is the right one to use" and "winners use this spell". You decide to u...
by Pooka
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:04 pm
Forum: Series 4
Topic: BUT spell
Replies: 6
Views: 151

Re: BUT spell

Into a lizard? That's very specific; I can't see any indication that that would be the case! I've always thought it would have been one of four things: 1. This was a final encounter. BUT would have turned Mogdred's sword back on him (ie. he tries to kill them, BUT it doesn't work, or they would use ...
by Pooka
Sat May 20, 2017 4:24 pm

You receive the ale you asked for. You are surprised to find that it tastes like cherries. It has, in fact, been synthesised from the cherry on the Life Force pie, and now you are aging exponentially.

I insert a coin.
by Pooka
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:41 pm
Forum: Series 7
Topic: Series 7 - Episode 12
Replies: 33
Views: 7564

Re: Series 7 - Episode 12

But why would Hordriss not have got from Level 1 to Level 3 in time via magic? Magic is not supposed to work like that! An alternate explanation, although not one mooted by Treguard, is that Hordriss' magic isn't as powerful when in close proximity to Lord Fear. We saw this in the Mines of Gore in ...
by Pooka
Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:46 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: What age are you...?
Replies: 283
Views: 45562

Re: What age are you...?

Canadanne wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:40 pm
Happy birthday Pooka! :green:
Thanks! I'm 32 now.
by Pooka
Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:58 pm

You don't have a password, so how could you get past a blocker, never mind use the machine?

In any case, the password's on the scroll, which is on the clue table, which also has coins. I take one and insert it.
by Pooka
Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:33 pm
Topic: The Olden Days podcast
Replies: 51
Views: 6662

Re: The Olden Days podcast

I loved Fantastic Max - I even had one of the annuals. (Probably still have - it may be in my parents' attic somewhere.) Looking back now, I can see how clever some of the scripts were: the characters' names (A.B. Sitter, FX, XS...), the storylines which made sense, and the asides from some of the c...
by Pooka
Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:14 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: David Rowe's Art of Knightmare
Replies: 27
Views: 1489

Re: David Rowe's Art of Knightmare

Mashibinbin wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:53 pm
The Spanish Inquisition might be behind this one...
...which, of course, nobody would expect.
by Pooka
Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:12 pm

You get a bar of gold, similar to the ones found on the clue room tables. You try to insert it into the machine, but it doesn't take bars of gold of that particular size. You are disappointed, as you don't have any more coins.

I do, however. So I insert a coin.
by Pooka
Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:22 pm

Re: David Rowe's Art of Knightmare

Drassil wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:07 am
*Bong* "I'm afraid that wasn't The Liberty Bell, team."
I, er... I don't get it.
by Pooka
Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:05 pm

Re: Art of Knightmare competition

I think the tongue would have come out of the wall monster's mouth and grabbed the dungeoneer then you would have heard a gulp as the skull with the rolling eyes appears then you see the eyes roll away... This has some similarities with the death of Chris in series 5, eaten by a blocker (while stil...
by Pooka
Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:39 pm

The Knightmare Vending Machine

Okay, here's a simple forum game which I've seen played in various places - we even had a version running on NKTP at some point - that I think we could have a go at. Basically, it's a continuing cycle of entering a coin into a vending machine, with the next person to post saying what they get, and i...
by Pooka
Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:51 pm
Forum: Series 8
Topic: Series 8 Episode 9
Replies: 4
Views: 421

Re: Series 8 Episode 9

True the Paladin bottle was about to be used erroneously but the key here is the fact they were about to and didn't actually do so. It's interesting to note that the team opened the Paladin bottle on the Golden Galleon and the trapdoor opened before Dunstan had the chance to drink it. (Personally, ...
by Pooka
Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:55 pm
Topic: The Olden Days podcast
Replies: 51
Views: 6662

Re: The Olden Days podcast

I collected Tazos, although I wouldn't say I was obsessed. I originally saw them as a rather cheap attempt to capitalise on the success of POGs - which is, basically, what they were. But Tazos did have the slots for building, plus better designs than POGs, so they had that going for them. My main co...
by Pooka
Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Re: Art of Knightmare

~ On the diagram showing a quest through Level 1, it's intriguing that the Granitas clue room has an attached option reading "DEAD | BIG FOOT". Are we to understand that failing all three riddles would result in a giant's foot squashing them or something? Either that or an attack by the Spanish Inq...