Search found 1009 matches

by Kieran
Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:12 pm
Forum: Real Life Meetups
Topic: Blackpool Meetup, Sunday June 15th 2014
Replies: 2
Views: 2855

Blackpool Meetup, Sunday June 15th 2014

Hi folks. A few of us are gathering for concert purposes over the weekend which includes the 15th June. If anyone can do a day trip to Blackpool, how about you meet up with us for a bit of social time during the Sunday? For anyone interested and able, I propose we meet up in the Layton Rakes pub (at...
by Kieran
Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:34 am
Topic: Meet up?
Replies: 66
Views: 23750

Re: Meet up?

I certainly like the look of this Hathersage place. To use it for the gaming idea, however, changes things a little. The meetup would need to be moved to March 2015, with something else taking the place of a Halloween attraction. I have no problem with that at all. As Forester has correctly pointed ...
by Kieran
Fri May 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Here is the basic idea: Knightmare Weekend Social: October 2014 (exact date TBC) Where: Alstonefield YHA (Peak District) ( http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/alstonefield ) Proposal for a 3 night social spanning a Friday-Monday. A pre-devised role playing game will take place. It will have a cast, and wil...
by Kieran
Tue May 27, 2014 10:19 pm

Mystara wrote:We did a murder mystery a few years back.
It was very good, but it was expensive and very few people came.

The murder mystery I am referring to was one done entirely within the hostel we once stayed at.

I'll do a post shortly in regards to what the weekend could look like.
by Kieran
Tue May 27, 2014 9:53 am

The Scarefest at Alton Towers runs between 18th October and 2nd November this year.

If people are particularly interested in doing that, then we have 3 weekends right there to aim for. I do think the actual Halloween weekend itself will be the busiest.
by Kieran
Mon May 26, 2014 7:53 pm

Gundrada wrote:That sounds promising, plus with it being out of season, accommodation for the weekend would most likely be more reasonable.

It's a grand time of the year on the accommodation front. I know various places in the area which would be perfect for location and for gaming activities.
by Kieran
Mon May 26, 2014 7:35 pm

*nods* Ok I get that. My interest here is trying to find an 'alternate attraction' day, one which is away from the Park. So far Alton Towers seems the better option for that. The Peaks are nearby and have many areas for accommodation. If we were to stay in an area such as that, then it opens up the ...
by Kieran
Mon May 26, 2014 7:02 pm

Ok let's get the ball rolling on this then. How about a trip to Thorpe Park on dates loosely around Halloween? It is a place we have visited in the past and seems to remain a fairly popular destination. If people could give feed back on that as the basic idea, we can build on the dates and perhaps o...
by Kieran
Mon May 19, 2014 9:11 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Original life force
Replies: 21
Views: 8743

Re: Original life force

The life force was more of a spent force when it came to Series 8. Say what you like about the pie, but it had an awesome replenishing sound effect! (well, I am trying to say SOMETHING positive about it... ::) )
by Kieran
Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:00 pm
Forum: Newbie Welcome
Topic: Allow Me To Itroduce myself
Replies: 31
Views: 7912

Re: Allow Me To Itroduce myself

Welcome back, Ricky. It's been a while!
by Kieran
Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:03 am
Topic: Your Favourite Treguard Intro
Replies: 2
Views: 1123

Your Favourite Treguard Intro

For me, Treguard's episode introductions are some of the most quotable aspects of Knightmare. Personally, his Season 4 intro (pre titles, for episode 1) is my overall favourite. The atmosphere and speech feel pretty intense...and then comes rolling in the new theme arrangement. Ahhh yes it takes me ...
by Kieran
Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:52 am
Forum: Knightmare on Challenge?
Topic: First ever episodes on Challenge 28th and 29th December
Replies: 13
Views: 5857

Re: First ever episodes on Challenge 28th and 29th December

Well, this is a little post Christmas treat to look forward to. Nice trails so far too.
by Kieran
Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:46 am
Forum: Cast/Crew Projects
Topic: Clifford Norgate in Doctor Who: The Horns of Nimon
Replies: 5
Views: 767

Re: Clifford Norgate...

One of my least favourite stories (but that's for another area...)

Yet another link between the two shows. Clifford sure knew how to growl :)
by Kieran
Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:33 pm
Topic: Ariadne's Lairs
Replies: 7
Views: 1845

Re: Ariednies lairs

Another vote for the series 4 lair. It felt more natural and a little more spooky to be out there hiding in the woods.

There again Ariadne is one of my favourite KM 'characters', so it's all good for me :D
by Kieran
Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:37 pm
Forum: Cast/Crew Projects
Topic: Joanne Heywood information...
Replies: 18
Views: 14459

Re: Joanne Heywood information...

Great to see her still doing the rounds.

I had some great conversations with her some years ago. Lovely person.