Search found 2769 matches

by HStorm
Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:30 am
Forum: Fan Creations
Topic: New audio skit - In Defence of Dan
Replies: 2
Views: 391

New audio skit - In Defence of Dan

NEW RELEASE FOR EASTER FROM THE DUNSHELM PLAYERS. Dan Howell has been hunted down by the law-enforcers of Knightmare fandom and is put on trial for his notorious smart-assery during the Geek Week special. His hopes of continued freedom depend on a lawyer who is still to sit her GCSEs, in legal battl...
by HStorm
Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:24 pm
Forum: Late Night with Lord Fear
Topic: Is anything going to happen with this?
Replies: 0
Views: 1497

Is anything going to happen with this?

Are we safe to assume that this project is dead-in-the-water?
by HStorm
Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:55 pm
Forum: Doctor Who
Topic: The Sixth Doctor
Replies: 23
Views: 6781

Re: The Sixth Doctor

Colin Baker was after Peter Davison. Tom Baker was the one immediately before. Interesting useless stat; - As many actors to play the Doctor on TV have had the same surname as have had the same forename i.e. two Doctors called Baker, and two Doctors called Peter. (No, John Hurt doesn't count, becaus...
by HStorm
Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:40 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 13
Replies: 54
Views: 9864

Re: Series 3 - Episode 13

He also often talked in the early years about our "time" being different from his, and about dungeoneers "crossing the boundaries of time". He called his era "The age of adventure", or "The time of adventure", and made it clear that that is not our time, so it might not have been the present. "Beyon...
by HStorm
Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:28 pm
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 13
Replies: 54
Views: 9864

Re: Series 3 - Episode 13

(Isn't Knightmare supposed to take place centuries before the introduction of cinema (or indeed Steven Spielberg !) It's ambiguous. The original idea appeared to be that it was set in the late 13th century, but in later series it was stated that it's set in a world that lies 'beneath' our own. It's...
by HStorm
Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:00 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Re:Mary Miller
Replies: 12
Views: 6388

Re: Re:Mary Miller

I've found an interesting interview with Jacqueline Pearce, the actress who immortalised the character of Servalan in Blake's 7 . She states that she was not the first choice to play the part, which was originally offered to... well well, Mary Miller! http://www.alternativeservalan.com/conventions/e...
by HStorm
Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:25 am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: What age are you...?
Replies: 283
Views: 45391

Re: What age are you...?

Cheers, guys. I had a most pleasant fourteenth 27th birthday.
by HStorm
Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:02 am
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 14
Replies: 22
Views: 8776

Re: Series 3 - Episode 14

Like I say, it's not just Mellisandre who embodies this problem. But just because other characters are even worse for talking to teenagers like they're babies doesn't make me like Melly after all. (In the same way that, just because other dictators killed more people than Idi Amin killed, that doesn...
by HStorm
Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:51 pm
Forum: Knightmare in Geek Week
Topic: Not actually KM-GW, but....
Replies: 1
Views: 1660

Not actually KM-GW, but....

It seems the team from the Geek-Week episode are moving into theatre.

http://www.thelowry.com/event/dan-and-p ... 1G,BQO8D,1
by HStorm
Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:06 pm
Forum: News Discussion
Topic: Knightmare clips on CITV's YouTube channel
Replies: 15
Views: 14750

Re: Knightmare clips on CITV's YouTube channel

O_O

There is no way that is not deliberate. Just no way.
by HStorm
Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:31 pm
Forum: Reminds me of Knightmare
Topic: Unintended Knightmare references in our lives
Replies: 15
Views: 8763

Re: Unintended Knightmare references in our lives

Advertising in south Manchester for the Football Museum uses a slogan that sounds vaguely familiar.
by HStorm
Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:53 pm
Forum: Fan Creations
Topic: The Dunshelm Players: Famous For Retreating
Replies: 36
Views: 7902

Re: The Dunshelm Players: Famous For Retreating

Happy New Year, ladies, gents and technomancers. As usual, we have a non-festive festive offering for you all this year. If you go to the Famous For Retreating page - https://dunshelmplayers.wordpress.com/dramas/famous-for-retreating/ - you will find it looks slightly different. The aforementioned '...
by HStorm
Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:08 am
Forum: Jester's Corner
Topic: A great Knightmare joke...
Replies: 354
Views: 43234

Re: A great Knightmare joke...

Which music album is Pickle getting for Christmas?

Elvish Presley's Greatest Hits.
by HStorm
Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:35 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Characters you wish they had played
Replies: 4
Views: 4682

Re: Characters you wish they had played

I think Cliff Barry would have done a useful job playing an ambiguous/neutral figure. He made Lissard very sinister and even mysterious, and I sometimes think that was kind of wasted, because, hey, he's Lord Fear's seneschal, it's pretty easy to figure out whose side he'll be on. When he played Brot...
by HStorm
Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:24 am
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Series 1 Appreciation Week
Replies: 7
Views: 5427

Re: Series 1 Appreciation Week

For all of its early teething problems, season 1 remains historic television, and comparisons with later seasons can be a little unfair. It has to be acknowledged that season 1 is where some of the best dungeon chambers and locations made their debuts. I would certainly put most of the 'architecture...