Search found 57 matches

by TheOldenDays
Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:33 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Happy 30th Birthday Knightmare!!
Replies: 2
Views: 102

Re: Happy 30th Birthday Knightmare!!

30 years ago today, my mum persuaded me to try watching the new show at the tail end of CITV in order to keep me quiet and inert for another twenty-five minutes. In many ways, I think she regretted that rash decision for the rest of her life.
by TheOldenDays
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:25 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: The Olden Days podcast
Replies: 52
Views: 8760

Re: The Olden Days podcast

If you find YourListen somewhat tiresome to use, you can now have an easier time listening to The Olden Days podcast on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... zoD3T0FM6B
by TheOldenDays
Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:19 pm
Forum: Fan Creations
Topic: Knightmare Audio Series: Summer Special 2017
Replies: 3
Views: 427

Re: Knightmare Audio Series: Summer Special 2017

It's another episode that was well worth the effort of digging into the very last untapped depths of Knightmare (both the programme and the books) and of our brains in order to produce. The team sounds wonderful, particularly Finton, as Antony Rowe's natural sound and style bring the character to li...
by TheOldenDays
Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:30 pm

The only specific thing that's stayed with me is one strange occasion when they accidentally broadcast the same episode twice in consecutive weeks! Oh my goodness, I remember that now and I was really annoyed! "Whip us up a flying carpet, FX!" Yeah, we've already seen that! I seem to remember Andi ...
by TheOldenDays
Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:47 pm

Oh my God, I went overboard for Tazos! I managed to get all except about 4 and put them in the presentation folder! The 4 I don't have are all Tasmanian Devil ones, which annoyingly only came with Doritos!
by TheOldenDays
Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:50 pm

We are back with Warner Brothers cartoons: http://yourlisten.com/TheOldenDays/the- ... -animation

There will be a new release on the final Sunday of every month, so put February 26th in your diaries!
by TheOldenDays
Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:22 am
Topic: Knightmare Audio Series: Christmas Special 2016
Replies: 3
Views: 672

Re: Knightmare Audio Series: Christmas Special 2016

I believe this special to be another quite brilliant piece of Knightmare homage. It's amazing how much more inspiration we've managed to squeeze out of the show to pay tribute to, including Lord Fear's plan to dress up as Brother Strange and the unusual circumstances of Barry's win, plus turning the...
by TheOldenDays
Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:35 am

Hey Annie, thanks for all your support and comments about our podcasts. The live-action section with the lemon battery is definitely on one of my videos, though I can't at all remember which episode it goes with. That Benjamin Franklin episode (Go Fly A Kite) must be very memorable because it was th...
by TheOldenDays
Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:39 am

Fortunately the Going Live uploads on YouTube confirm that The Raccoons is in the line-up, though it does seem it was always very early in the show. I remember I always wanted to hear the closing song (Run With Us) properly but Phillip and Sarah always talked over it (to be fair, it's horrendously l...
by TheOldenDays
Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:04 pm

The fake puddle of sick sounds like something that may well have been used in series 3 or 4 - we've forgotten all the finer details of those already (having watched them a couple of months ago) because we don't really engage with them. Sadly we never did watch The Girl From Tomorrow or Escape From J...
by TheOldenDays
Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:34 pm

Proof there that there was actually proper follow-up work to do, even though our school never bothered buying the activity books! Having watched Through the Dragon's Eye all the way through, I'm sorry to report that the word "pomegranate" is not mentioned.
by TheOldenDays
Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:31 am
Topic: The Ex-Terminator
Replies: 1
Views: 700

Re: The Ex-Terminator

We've had a lot of fun making the series over the past 6 years, but what do I really think of it? Find out now in Jake's Throwback Reviews! Skit: The Ex-Terminator Original Release Date: 7th September 2016 Throwback Review Date: 18th September 2016 Score: 3 out of 5 (good) Inspiration: A throwaway c...
by TheOldenDays
Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:39 am
Topic: Luckless in Latakia
Replies: 1
Views: 1168

Re: Luckless in Latakia

We've had a lot of fun making the series over the past 6 years, but what do I really think of it? Find out now in Jake's Throwback Reviews! Skit: Luckless in Latakia Original Release Date: 2nd January 2016 Throwback Review Date: 17th September 2016 Score: 3 out of 5 (good) Inspiration: With Motley a...
by TheOldenDays
Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:19 am
Topic: Die Hochzeit (Folly and Gretel's Wedding)
Replies: 5
Views: 3516

Re: Die Hochzeit (Folly and Gretel's Wedding)

We've had a lot of fun making the series over the past 6 years, but what do I really think of it? Find out now in Jake's Throwback Reviews! Skit: Die Hochzeit Original Release Date: 2nd January 2015 Throwback Review Date: 16th September 2016 Score: 4 out of 5 (very good) Inspiration: Having establis...
by TheOldenDays
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:41 am
Topic: Breakfast at Hansel's
Replies: 2
Views: 1298

Re: Breakfast at Hansel's

We've had a lot of fun making the series over the past 6 years, but what do I really think of it? Find out now in Jake's Throwback Reviews! Skit: Breakfast at Hansel's Original Release Date: 1st January 2014 Throwback Review Date: 15th September 2016 Score: 3 out of 5 (good) Inspiration: Having deci...