Search found 42 matches

by s4t8brett
Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:43 pm
Forum: Series 4
Topic: Series 4 - Episode 15
Replies: 37
Views: 8619

Re: Series 4 - Episode 15

Yes of course we did. We had Series 3 playing in the Green Room. If there was a problem, it was that the Adventurer's Code document didn't indicate a change to the established format of three series. Basically, I was determined to leave no stone unturned in our quest.
by s4t8brett
Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:01 pm
Forum: Series 5
Topic: Lord Fear
Replies: 0
Views: 170

Lord Fear

It was good to raise the profile of the opposition - I agree with the reviewer who said John Woodnutt was underused as Mogdred, although to be fair to the production team they had an awful lot to get right on the first few series - although I would have preferred the main baddie to be some kind of w...
by s4t8brett
Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:21 pm
Forum: Knightmare a la Maison
Topic: Going Back on New Knightmare
Views: 222

Going Back on New Knightmare

It seems to me that 'going back' could actually benefit the quality of quests, and that it could be managed in a controlled way. Not least by rockfalls, pursuing opposition and other factors that make going back obviously not an option in many scenes. But also by having several transporter pads, and...
by s4t8brett
Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:17 pm
Forum: Knightmare a la Maison
Topic: Narration for New Knightmare
Views: 132

Narration for New Knightmare

Has anyone else thought of this? A new series of Knightmare could have a narrator - who may or may not be Treguard (or a successor) - and the narrator could relate events as if historical. Why might that be beneficial? I am sure I haven't thought-through all the implications yet, but it would obviat...
by s4t8brett
Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:32 pm
Forum: Reminds me of Knightmare
Topic: Re:Cyberzone
Replies: 10
Views: 3689

Re: Re:Cyberzone

I was on two of the episodes of Cyberzone, in the audience. You can see me bashing my friend over the head with a cyber cushion during a celebratory moment!
by s4t8brett
Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:56 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Invite to Tim Child. Invite for Knightmare Chat. 16th 17th or 18th of december 2016
Replies: 5
Views: 563

Re: Invite to Tim Child. Invite for Knightmare Chat. 16th 17th or 18th of december 2016

How do you get on Knightmare chat then? I remember Tim as being generous and considerate - e.g. he realised at our second audition that we had tried before (with two different team members) and that it would be our last chance due to my age - however it seems to me a tad unfair to try to pin him to ...
by s4t8brett
Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:57 pm
Topic: Christmas scene: blog post
Replies: 8
Views: 685

Re: Christmas scene: blog post

Well at Christmas time, as with many festivals, it seems to me you have to go with the flow to a certain extent. Even if you're super organised and arrange things early, you're going to encounter busy shoppers and pick up the sense of bustle. Tim said "Enjoy the rest of the summer, boys; I know ther...
by s4t8brett
Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:22 pm

Hi Mystara, Thank you for interacting with me on this thread. When I say 'quest plan', for example when I asked the producer how many more scenes there were to our quest, he said he'd have to check the plan (or perhaps he used some other synonym for it). I thought Tim had already described that each...
by s4t8brett
Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Yes but even taking that into account I think my point still stands: that it was not for want of studio time that the last three scenes of our quest weren't filmed.
by s4t8brett
Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:32 pm

Thanks for your interaction, Drassil. I was expecting someone to say it didn't fit the scary/gothic feel of Knightmare, and I was ready to say that the same could be said of Lord Fear from series 6 onwards - but he is still popular with many fans. However, you surprised me! I think if the production...
by s4t8brett
Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:06 pm

Christmas scene: blog post

Hi Everyone,

Knightmare's Christmas ending on Series 4 Episode 16 is mentioned glowingly in this article on '5 Hidden Gems of Children's Christmas TV':

http://www.curiousbritishtelly.co.uk/20 ... as-tv.html

Warm regards,
Brett
by s4t8brett
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:29 pm
Forum: Bring Back Knightmare
Topic: Current popularity of VR
Replies: 1
Views: 1165

Current popularity of VR

VR seems to be mass-arriving with retail customers over the next few years, and yet there is no sign that the KM production team is working on the promised VR version of KM with multiple advisers. I guess this could be because they have tried, or are trying, and no TV channel is interested. Or it co...
by s4t8brett
Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:27 pm
Topic: Weeping Doors
Replies: 3
Views: 1224

Re: Weeping Doors

Thank you for following this up for me, Canadanne. I'd be interested in your translations of Brother Mace's Latin for Series 4 Episode 16 ...
by s4t8brett
Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:16 pm
Topic: Can anyone remember meeting Merlin?
Replies: 2
Views: 579

Re: Can anyone remember meeting Merlin?

Yes we met him in the canteen. He said 'Alright boys?' and I said 'Go on, do your Mogdred impression!' [or was it 'voice'?]. Sadly he demurred 'No, I can't do that'. A few minutes later we spoke to the actor who played Hordriss (Clifford Norgate), who said 'I'll give you the same answer as that gent...
by s4t8brett
Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:13 pm
Topic: Alternative Series 4 Endings!
Replies: 20
Views: 4543

Re: Alternative Series 4 Endings!

Perhaps the Christmas ending of Series 4 was intended to be a dramatic foil for Lord Fear to appear at the very start of Series 5. After all, Merlin says "There's nothing to fear". As our Level 2 was unusually short (the shortest ever?!) - at least that's my opinion - maybe the Block and Tackle was ...