Search found 64 matches

by s4t8brett
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:33 pm
Forum: Knightmare a la Maison
Topic: Narration for New Knightmare
Replies: 7
Views: 467

Re: Narration for New Knightmare

I've had second thoughts about past-tense presentation but I think selective editing could be used more. When I first saw the eye shield I thought they'd cracked integrating VR. I still think those sequences can add atmosphere, narration and variety and I would like to see choice within it e.g. choo...
by s4t8brett
Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:08 pm
Topic: Narration for New Knightmare
Replies: 7
Views: 467

Re: Narration for New Knightmare

I didn't mean a re-cap as a repetition, rather selective editing in the first place to keep it interesting and pacey. Eye Shield sequences could be used in passing rather than start-to-finish - dipped into, to avoid being too long. I also thought the abrupt turns in Series 7 Eye Shield sequences wer...
by s4t8brett
Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:39 pm
Topic: Did series 1-8 exhaust the possibilities for *gameplay* in the format?
Replies: 0
Views: 116

Did series 1-8 exhaust the possibilities for *gameplay* in the format?

Just wondering whether there are enough new ideas to make Knightmare work. Hugo Myatt said in 1994 he thought it could run for at least another couple of series. But most of the suggestions I've come across seem to revolve around 'improved graphics' or a debate about VR. What about the actual gamepl...
by s4t8brett
Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:37 am
Forum: Series 4
Topic: BUT spell
Replies: 16
Views: 1216

Re: BUT spell

I agree with all the points you made in your previous post, wombstar!
by s4t8brett
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:52 am

"But" could have stopped the magic sword (I wouldn't have thought there was intended to be a wordplay on 'butt' but you never know) and then the Transformation spell could have turned Mogdred into - say a lizard. However, he was blocking the obvious exit - although Treguard could have directed them ...
by s4t8brett
Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Drassil, you seem to have understood my point of view well regarding the BUT spell encounter! The only Behemoth I know is in the book of Job, which for me doesn't particularly equate to the knight in Series 3 (although you're correct in recalling that Treguard made that connection). In some ways I w...
by s4t8brett
Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:55 pm
Topic: Weeping Doors
Replies: 5
Views: 1781

Re: Weeping Doors

Thanks for your thoughts, Drassil and DuxBellorum! I am sure Tim could have come up with some ways of increasing the difficulty on Level 1 in Series 4 - extra clearings with goblins/assassins/the ogre etc. Corridor of Blades?! That would be more likely if the production team thought we were unlikely...
by s4t8brett
Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:53 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Best Series
Replies: 57
Views: 6540

Re: Best Series

Thanks Evelyn. That's kinda how I see it, too. Knightmare didn't evince credibility on a large-scale good vs opposition war. The dragon flights and spyglass sequences were easy to produce but passive TV, and Lord Fear spoiled Knightmare for me. There were other ways teams could gain insights into th...
by s4t8brett
Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:06 pm

I'm glad you liked the FrightKnight suggestion, DuxBellorum; in fact they were in Series 4, as Gondrada declares in our question (towards the end of episode 15). Not quite the same as in Series 5, when they were floating around with a mechanical sound, but termed 'FrightKnights' nonetheless.
by s4t8brett
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:57 pm

That's correct, undoubtedly. But it seems OPPOSITE has a clearer association with poison (negating it) than does TRANSFORMATION (into what?), which is why I think TRANSFORMATION was for something else - namely, to turn Helen back into herself. Or possibly into a Frightknight.
by s4t8brett
Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:44 am

Yes, possibly, although I think it would be too similar. I think both spells were to be used in the same room, unless of course TRANSFORMATION was never to be used. However 'BUT' on its own doesn't seem at all climactic! I would be surprised if there was meant to be a pun on the 'butt' of the magic ...
by s4t8brett
Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:45 pm

Hi Pooka, Thank you for sharing your four interesting possibilities. I would be very surprised if there wasn't a plan, given the detailed rehearsals Tom Hunt has described for different possibilities. I agree Team 1 were probably deemed too early to win; I suspect Tim decided to make it very hard to...
by s4t8brett
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:11 pm

BUT spell

I think this would have led to Mogdred turning Helen into a lizard and then disappearing again, leaving Rachel to cast the TRANSFORMATION spell to turn Helen back into herself again.
by s4t8brett
Mon May 29, 2017 7:48 pm
Topic: Best Series
Replies: 57
Views: 6540

Re: Best Series

I would say, out of the first three (hand-drawn chamber) series, Series 3 was the best as it was the culmination of them, so I'm going to eliminate series 1 and 2. However, I liked the way the game evolved in a gradual manner during those series, because it made the show seem familiar - as if you un...
by s4t8brett
Wed May 24, 2017 7:40 pm
Topic: Missing room from series 4
Replies: 26
Views: 3553

Re: Missing room from series 4

How about allowing people to try the Swinging Axe room for the next KM Convention: is it really impossible?! Can anyone do it?!