Search found 50 matches

by s4t8brett
Wed May 24, 2017 7:40 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Missing room from series 4
Replies: 23
Views: 1856

Re: Missing room from series 4

How about allowing people to try the Swinging Axe room for the next KM Convention: is it really impossible?! Can anyone do it?!
by s4t8brett
Tue May 23, 2017 8:48 pm

Agreed, although if it looked intrinsically impossible to the production team they might have decided not to use it even for a team in so-called losing status, as was the case. I also agree about the ledge room from Series 3 looking hard enough without the team being harried along by a graphical wea...
by s4t8brett
Tue May 16, 2017 8:48 pm

Hi again Wombstar, I would be very surprised if we were the only team for it to have been tested on, although if they'd deemed it unworkable from a previous team's attempt, they wouldn't have wasted studio time trying it again. Maybe they thought it worth another go to increase the variety of scenes...
by s4t8brett
Sun May 14, 2017 7:51 pm

I don't know, mate. Stereotypical British sense of fair play, perhaps?
by s4t8brett
Sun May 07, 2017 8:20 pm
Forum: Cast and Crew Questions
Topic: Re:Interview with Rob from season 4 team 8
Replies: 17
Views: 3184

Re: Re:Interview with Rob from season 4 team 8

Hi Drassil, I have always assumed Winteria was an opportunity the production team seized in December 1990. I know it was snowing heavily in Yorkshire on the weekend of Episode 15 of Series 4, anyway! But it could have been scheduled - possibly Tim trying to get the location shooting done earlier in ...
by s4t8brett
Fri May 05, 2017 7:40 pm
Topic: Re:Interview with Rob from season 4 team 8
Replies: 17
Views: 3184

Re: Re:Interview with Rob from season 4 team 8

I don't know whether you havev Rob's interview transcript anywhere, but as the team captain here are my answers: Which actors/characters did you most enjoy encountering during your time on Knightmare? Most of them: Treguard, Merlin, Motley, Pickle, Brother Mace, Mogdred, Gundrada, Mellisandre (in th...
by s4t8brett
Fri May 05, 2017 7:10 pm
Topic: Eye Shield Sequences - is it possible ...
Replies: 0
Views: 81

Eye Shield Sequences - is it possible ...

Here's a question I've had for a while ... was/is it possible to add characters and objects to Eye Shield Sequences? For example, by having a camera that tracks the positions and angles, and then reproducing the track in the studio to add in characters and objects with which teams either have intera...
by s4t8brett
Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:12 pm

In fact we encountered it at start of Level 3. Treguard introduced the swinging axe by reference to the Sword of Damocles. It took us something like 2 mins 30 secs (or was it five minutes?) to get halfway round. Long enough for Giles to need to stand up - quite a scary sight with the axe swinging ro...
by s4t8brett
Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:43 pm
Forum: Series 4
Topic: Series 4 - Episode 15
Replies: 37
Views: 8903

Re: Series 4 - Episode 15

Yes of course we did. We had Series 3 playing in the Green Room. If there was a problem, it was that the Adventurer's Code document didn't indicate a change to the established format of three series. Basically, I was determined to leave no stone unturned in our quest.
by s4t8brett
Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:01 pm
Forum: Series 5
Topic: Lord Fear
Views: 209

Lord Fear

It was good to raise the profile of the opposition - I agree with the reviewer who said John Woodnutt was underused as Mogdred, although to be fair to the production team they had an awful lot to get right on the first few series - although I would have preferred the main baddie to be some kind of w...
by s4t8brett
Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:21 pm
Forum: Knightmare a la Maison
Topic: Going Back on New Knightmare
Views: 275

Going Back on New Knightmare

It seems to me that 'going back' could actually benefit the quality of quests, and that it could be managed in a controlled way. Not least by rockfalls, pursuing opposition and other factors that make going back obviously not an option in many scenes. But also by having several transporter pads, and...
by s4t8brett
Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:17 pm
Forum: Knightmare a la Maison
Topic: Narration for New Knightmare
Views: 157

Narration for New Knightmare

Has anyone else thought of this? A new series of Knightmare could have a narrator - who may or may not be Treguard (or a successor) - and the narrator could relate events as if historical. Why might that be beneficial? I am sure I haven't thought-through all the implications yet, but it would obviat...
by s4t8brett
Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:32 pm
Forum: Reminds me of Knightmare
Topic: Re:Cyberzone
Replies: 10
Views: 3774

Re: Re:Cyberzone

I was on two of the episodes of Cyberzone, in the audience. You can see me bashing my friend over the head with a cyber cushion during a celebratory moment!
by s4t8brett
Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:56 pm
Topic: Invite to Tim Child. Invite for Knightmare Chat. 16th 17th or 18th of december 2016
Replies: 5
Views: 618

Re: Invite to Tim Child. Invite for Knightmare Chat. 16th 17th or 18th of december 2016

How do you get on Knightmare chat then? I remember Tim as being generous and considerate - e.g. he realised at our second audition that we had tried before (with two different team members) and that it would be our last chance due to my age - however it seems to me a tad unfair to try to pin him to ...
by s4t8brett
Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:57 pm
Topic: Christmas scene: blog post
Replies: 8
Views: 774

Re: Christmas scene: blog post

Well at Christmas time, as with many festivals, it seems to me you have to go with the flow to a certain extent. Even if you're super organised and arrange things early, you're going to encounter busy shoppers and pick up the sense of bustle. Tim said "Enjoy the rest of the summer, boys; I know ther...