Bill Cashmore: TV appearances

Projects of the cast and crew of Knightmare.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Bill Cashmore: TV appearances

Post by Canadanne »

JamesA wrote:First time I've seen Bill Cashmore in anything other than Knightmare, so thanks for sharing.
You can also see him in an episode of The Bill (7:20) and as a thug in the TV movie Meat (3:09), both from the same year he was in Knightmare.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Miscellaneous YouTube clips

Post by JamesA »

Cheers Eyeshield.

Back to Bill Cashmore, and to answer my own previous question, here's footage of him in a 1997 episode of Brass Eye, appearing at both 2:19 and 3:12 :
http://youtu.be/Q8oEaYnm9Fk
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Hee, thanks for those video links!

Here are some more clips of Bill Cashmore in Fist of Fun (1995-1996)...

The Tortoise and the Man - a true fable starring Bill and a famous racing tortoise.

The Ant and the Man - in which Bill calls an ant a twat whilst wearing nothing but his pants.

Driving lesson - in which Bill is repeatedly accused of being a fool. The irony!

Married life - featuring Bill as Ronni Ancona's zombie husband.

The Highway Code - in which Bill discovers what it feels like to be quizzed by a lunatic.

And the best one of all for Knightmare fans: Bill lectures the boy who cried wolf... in Wolfenden! (The relevant sketch begins at 4:49.)
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Canadanne wrote:And the best one of all for Knightmare fans: Bill lectures the boy who cried wolf... in Wolfenden! (The relevant sketch begins at 4:49.)
Absolutely hilarious.... and judging by when it was uploaded, hot off the press too! Cheers :D

Also, having recently encountered this elsewhere on the Knightmare forum, I feel that it should get a mention here too.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

You can watch every episode of Fist of Fun on Stewart Lee's website, here: http://www.stewartlee.co.uk/oldshows.htm

I noticed that Bill Cashmore is also credited as appearing in episodes 4 and 6 of Series 2, but I'm buggered if I could spot him anywhere!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Canadanne wrote:[Bill Cashmore] as another policeman, arresting Ewan McGregor in a 1995 episode of Kavanagh QC (3:50).
LOL, I didn't even notice that's David Verrey speaking in the scene straight afterwards! Two Knightmare actors in the same room at 4:43. :D
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Here's Bill Cashmore playing Yorkshire and England cricket legend Fred Trueman in a 1989 episode of All Creatures Great & Small. His main scenes are at 39:56, 42:38, 44:03 and 46:17.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Speaking of the talented Mr Cashmore, he appears to have a new website:
http://typecastmedia.com/billcashmore/

I wonder if he talks about Knightmare in An Everyday Actor! You'd think Snapper Jack would be worth a mention, surely...
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Missed this one when I watched Fist of Fun last year... Bill Cashmore with Richard Herring, Stewart Lee, Kevin Eldon and Ricky Grover as a band of troublemaking Scouts! Not the best image quality but you can spot Bill in at least one scene.

FoF is finally available on DVD after years of campaigning. The BBC refused to release it, so they had to do it themselves. Sounds familiar...
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

And another Bill Cashmore clip from 1994, handing out BNP-- I mean "British Bulldog Party" flyers outside Grange Hill School! The scene begins at 1:26. I LOLed at the girl telling him to "get back to the sewers where you belong", considering that was Snapper-Jack's favourite hangout! ;D
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

If you look up the Casualty episode 'Deceptions' (S8 E10) from 1993, and skip to 3:33 in the second part (or 13:23 from the start of the episode), you can see Bill Cashmore as a philanderer having a very bad day. :)
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Bill Cashmore in London Shouting

Post by Canadanne »

Someone has recently uploaded London Shouting, a BBC2 comedy pilot from August 1996. If you skip to 6:01 in the first part, you can see Bill Cashmore & friends as a group of postbox jumpers. :)