Knightmare Convention: ticket queries

Discussion and posts relating to the 2014 Knightmare Convention in Norwich
Mogdred2k14
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Knightmare Convention: ticket queries

Post by Mogdred2k14 »

yes that is a good question. when are the further tickets going on sale? and can you get them on this website or will they be on epic studios website?

kind regards
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: WE MADE IT :D

Post by Mystara »

Just an update....

[quote="Mystara]
This coming week, I hope to get the company bank account opened and hopefully the paypal funds transferred, to meet with our big donator (just to check that they really REALLY know what they're doing) and visit EPIC with a couple of steering committee members.
[/quote]

The company bank account is not yet set up, thanks to HSBC, who incorrectly told me that the fastest way to set up an account with them was online. Latest estimate is the beginning of next week.

I met with our big donator who really REALLY knows what they're doing. That's that ticked off.

We visited EPIC yesterday. It was a long and intense meeting where specific details were hashed out, problems were raised, and various solutions discussed. EPIC are keen to add one or two extras to the convention that I won't go into specifics of in case they can't be done. There are also logistics to be worked out with regards to the "play the dungeon" event.

As a consequence of all this, it's possible that they amount of money they want from us will change slightly and as a consequence of not everything being fully worked out, we don't yet have a contract with them.
Mogdred2k14 wrote: When are the further tickets going on sale? and can you get them on this website or will they be on epic studios website?
Very soon, possibly as early as Monday.
They will be sold by EPIC. There will probably be a link on this website.
Lowebo wrote: So whilst I'm aware there aren't any finalised plans yet, is there an idea as to what time things would start on the Saturday?
It's currently looking like getting there early would be advantageous to you.

As I said, above, one of the biggest discussions we had was how the "play a room of the dungeon" would work. We want to avoid having massive queues (even for those with the queue jumping pass). One way to do that is to start very early and finish very late.
pjmlfc05 wrote: Does anyone know when we will get final conformation that the convention is going ahead?
For obvious reasons of self-protection, we are never going to say that the convention is going ahead with 100% certainty. There are circumstances that are beyond our control and even beyond the control of parties that we will be contracted to.

I am happy to update you on the status of things and it's really up to you as to when you want to make the trade-off between increased certainty or cheap tickets (incidentally, I purchased a ticket from London to Norwich on Friday evening for this Saturday morning and it was still only £16 each way).

As things currently stand, EPIC have said they are ready to go ahead and all but one of the guests have confirmed their availability. We currently have no contracts and I don't see that we'll be in a position to sign contracts for at least another week because there are still details to be worked out.
Greystagg
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Greystagg »

Just got my Knightmare Live ticket for 9th May. This is going to be an amazing weekend. :D
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

It appears the tickets aren't much more expensive than they were previously, we were lead to believe they would be at a high price, and it seams they're offering a good deal with KM Live. if I had known I might have bought one of those instead, it's a better offer.

Not long to go now.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

wombstar wrote:It appears the tickets aren't much more expensive than they were previously, we were lead to believe they would be at a high price, and it seams they're offering a good deal with KM Live. if I had known I might have bought one of those instead, it's a better offer.
No, it's exactly the same offer. It's £5 off the price.

But in fact, if you wait a day or two and call the booking office, you will still be able to get the same discount (i.e. Knightmare Live for £10).
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Well I've already got a ticket for Sunday before the campaign ended (£25 offer), I didn't know there were joint tickets available, and I didn't think KM live was going to be on Sunday originally, I thought I read some were it was only Friday.

If Km live is now on Sunday, according to Epic, what will it cost to buy a ticket for that?
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

wombstar wrote:Well I've already got a ticket for Sunday before the campaign ended (£25 offer), I didn't know there were joint tickets available, and I didn't think KM live was going to be on Sunday originally, I thought I read some were it was only Friday.

If Km live is now on Sunday, according to Epic, what will it cost to buy a ticket for that?
I think you're mis-reading their site. Knightmare Live is on Friday.

See: http://www.epicstudiosnorwich.com/event ... onvention/, which says:
We are also offering the chance to see Knightmare Live on Friday 9th May for £10 when booked with a Convention ticket
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Ah, yes I miss understood something on the site.

Tickets:
Sunday: £20 (Joint ticket with Knightmare Live show is £30)

I thought it meant the live show was moved to the weekends.
Cheers for clearing that up, I got excited for a moment because I can really do Friday and thought I might be lucky if it's changed.

Doesn't this work out more expensive for those who already bought normal tickets early on?
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

How so?
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

I didn't think the campaign tickets included the Live show, so buying them separately appears to be another £15. Or have I missed something again? lol
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I'm afraid I'm not really following you.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Epic are selling a joint ticket meaning Km live is an extra £10.
But what about those who bought tickets from indiegogo? which says Live tickets are sold separately.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

As I said earlier:
No, it's exactly the same offer. It's £5 off the price.
If you bought a convention ticket during the campaign, your ticket cost £15 and you can now buy a knightmare live ticket for £15, giving a total of £30.

If you buy a convention ticket now, your ticket costs £20 and you can now buy a combined ticket for a further £10, giving a total of £30.

But also as I said:
But in fact, if you wait a day or two and call the booking office, you will still be able to get the same discount (i.e. Knightmare Live for £10).
So I don't see how you're worse off.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Yes sorry I know what I've done, I forgot there were two ticket types. (priority pass) My heads in the clouds today. lol :)
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Have now also booked my ticket for Knightmare Live.... should be a really good weekend.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary