Nor-con 2013 ( Red Dwarf)

Disucssion of topics that are not directly related to Knightmare.
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Nor-con 2013 ( Red Dwarf)

Post by dugeoneerborne »

Went to Nor-con 2013 on sunday after passing theory test for driving last week (few more months and I should be able to start the practical driving test).

Here's the vid of the event, I got to ask LLewellyn a question at the red dwarf question panel (near the end, guy holding the camera and the pint, great people).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... jE0gQy2DNc

This's going to be a fairly long topic, here's the pics from Nor-con and other stuff I got.

Signed autograph by Lee Sullivan (who did illustrations for comic books like transformers, doctor who, thunderbirds, signed book by Fwah Storm (artits and animator for Marvel Uk and done some animation for Marvel, got some great tips off him and got his website address to show him some of My animations to get some critique, got some great feedback from him for the red dwarf fanart and a real great guy and really thankful for the advice.

An autograph of Davros for My old man (accidentally called him stavros a few times when I spoke to him, don't think he was happy), an autobiography of Patrick Troughton signed for My old man (by his son Michael Troughton).

Bender the robot (futurama), few more pics with daleks (standing next to it this time, people by the robot were cool enough to take the pic with Me standing by it).

Ghostbusters (massive respect for these guys, guy on the right also had upto us from ghostbusters 2 on his backback (if they had real working packs they could bust up the hotel but I'm glad they didn't, these guys rocked.

C3p-o and another one of r2-d2, dalek (one guy who cosplayed as dalek (not this one (remote controlled) tried to get to his car directed by his m8 outside in the carpark, wondered if he used daleknav?, a great Tom Baker cosplayer (took a pic of him for My old man who's a fan of Tom Bakers doctor (great bloke), Sylvestor mccoy cosplayer (favourite doc who growing up).

To boldly holiday where no one has holiday'd before (klingon and star trek captain, star trek, got a good laugh from that one there), Stormtrooper (Star Wars), Stormtrooper and cybaman (star wars and doctor who) k-9 (doctor who), another rd-d2 (bit blurred, took a pic when the guy with the remote was moving him around this time).

Some videogame cosplay, ryu (street fighter, both pics, let Me take a few good pics and guy was a good laugh, most of the people there were), cloud and sephiroth cosplay (had a pint and spoke with these guys for a bit and took their pic there, pretty funny and cool guys), think I'm in love with the woman in the picachu costume (got a pic for My nephew because he's a big fan of picachu, got to go to more of these, some of the women cosplaying in this were phenomenal (and hot but back on topic).

Back to sci-fi (few pics with hellboy, younger brother's a fan so attached these pics to his email (should definitely piss him off).

Robbie the robot (lost in space), R2-D2 (Star Wars), The inside of a dalek (Doctor Who), The model used for the original Battlestar Galactica (I think), thought this one was from red dwarf (not too sure where it's from now), another one I think was from the original battlestar galactica.

2 more models, a klignon weapon and some of the blasters (Star Trek), Boba Fett (only got a pic of him like that, wasn't easy to find and guy moved around too fast as points.

Now on to RED DWARF Stuff :)

My fanart of Red Dwarfs holly signed by the man Norman Lovett (got a few good tips from him for animating and he really liked the pic, really nice bloke too, had a fairly long chat with him as well, Norman, Chris & Robert (or one of them) said this guy's brilliant when I got handed the mic and asked a question at the Red Dwarf talk, real down to earth people and a real good laugh too.

A few more scans of Norman Lovett (also got a signed stand up dvd from him).

Another one of My red dwarf fan arts, this one kryton (Robert Llewellyn), signed by Llewellyn and him, Norman & Chris all got a seperate copy of these pics, they all really liked them (specially Chris).

Signed autograph by Llewellyn.

My final fanart, this one Red Dwarfs no 1 smeghead Arnold J Rimmer (Chris Barrie), this guy's a true legend and I started doing voice impressions ever since I first watched brittas empire and used to do a good gordon brittas impression, I did My impression of colin and somehow managed to do Chris's gordon brittas voice spot on, (Barrie stood up from the desk and looked shocked and couldn't talk for a minute and his jaw dropped as well).

I didn't pay for the autograph from Chris, he asked if he could keep a copy of that fanart, so he let Me have the autograph for nothing, if him, Norman and Llewellyn like My work they might send Me an email and give their thoughts sometime (possibly), I'm not sure if I'm the first person Barries heard do that impression but guy bloody loved it and from an impressionist himself I'm very happy with the feedback I got.

I was incredibly nervous when I saw these guys but I'd definitely like to go to this again and hopefully Dan (cat) and female holly (Hatridge) will be at the next one.

First set of pics of Nor Con (Me with Red Dwarf Chris Barrie , Norman Lovett and Robert Llewellyn (great people, wish I had a pic of Chris Barrie after he heard My gordon brittas impression, Barrie was amazed and shocked and these guys signed My fanarts I did for them and took a copy and have My contact details to say what they think if they want, I think these guys were as honored seeing Me as I was them (got a great comment from one or two of them as well in the vid of ask red dwarf in the other area of the hotel.

When I get the money and drive I'll definetly do it again sometime, I didn't expect to make an impression with those guys as is it and got some tips off Fwah storm (artist and animator of marvel animations in the UK).

One final scan from Nor-con 2013, signed stand up dvd of Norman Lovett (looking forward to watching this).

If there's another con next year I'll definitely go and fingers crossed if this knightmare one happens that's a lot easier for Me to get to and if that happens that will also be great :).
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Nor-con 2013 ( Red Dwarf)

Post by wombstar »

Glad you had a cracking time.
My Brother and his team always put on a fantastic show, I believe this was the best one yet. And yes there will be another next year as far as I know.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Nor-con 2013 ( Red Dwarf)

Post by dugeoneerborne »

wombstar wrote:Glad you had a cracking time.
My Brother and his team always put on a fantastic show, I believe this was the best one yet. And yes there will be another next year as far as I know.
Yeah really enjoyed it and would like to do it again next year, wasn't happy with 2 things (just someone calling Me weird when asking a question (guy presenting it who handed Me the mic to ask that question) to the red dwarf crew and the female presenter on stage laughing at that now that I've seen someone who did a recording up close, being around crowds and people for someone like Me's always been difficult due to My aspergers) but aside from that really liked it.
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.